Top 10 Bad Excuses For NOT Doing a Boudoir Session
I’ve talked to many women about boudoir sessions and I’ve heard all the reasons not to do a session, but I’m here to tell you – stop it! It’s time for your session, you deserve it. Don’t let nerves or any one of these excuses stop you.
Let me help you out by reassuring you that you can do this! I know that you will be thrilled with your boudoir results, just don’t fall victim to any of the top 10 bad excuses for not doing a boudoir session …
- “I need to lose some weight first.” Ok, this one comes first because it’s the most common thing I hear. Why? Because as women faced everyday with impossible body images stereotypes, it’s very hard to feel confident in our own skin. Yes, there are some of you that are completely confident with your body, but not many of you. My job is to flatter you with different lighting and poses that make you look your best. And then when you see your images, you’ll say “I can’t believe that’s me” like all the other women I’ve worked with. You CAN do this!
- “I don’t know how to pose or I don’t know how to be sexy” Number 2 is another big one. How many women really know how to pose for boudoir? A small handful (really small). While it helps to practice your sexy look in front of a mirror, most of us will just crack up trying to do that. I have poses that are easy and if you aren’t getting them at first, I always show you what I mean. Sexy is most often about an attitude or where you place a hand or how you smile. Trust me and we’ll bring out your sexy.
- “I can’t afford a boudoir photo session” Boudoir photography is an investment and in fact a luxury. Not just the photos, but the whole experience and the empowering affects it will have on you. You will always remember and be able to see how incredible you felt and glamorous you looked in front of the camera. When you are having a down day, you can pull out your photo album and say out loud “Damn, I’m hot!” How fun will that be? Boudoir is an investment in you. I’m happy to work with you on a payment plan so you can afford this amazing experience all about you.
- “I never like pictures of myself” When was the last time you had your hair and makeup done, had a professional photographer guide you through posing, perfect lighting was created, and your photos were expertly retouched to perfection? Ok then, that’s why you don’t like photos of yourself. Those not so great selfies’ taken at a bad camera angle in bad lighting – no wonder you don’t like your photos. Trust me, a boudoir photo session is professional and you will love your amazing photos!
- “I don’t have any sexy outfits” First read my post about boudoir outfit selection. Remember it isn’t just about lingerie. A partner’s shirt, bra and panties, boy shorts and a bra, an oversized sweater, and my white sheet – these all work and can look super sexy. Remember sexy is about attitude. You can also buy lingerie really affordably online (check out: where to buy boudoir lingerie). I even have a couple of outfits and a robe for you to use. Don’t let clothes stop you, this is the worst excuse!
- “I don’t have a significant other to do a photo shoot for” That’s OK because in reality, you are doing this for you. You get to be pampered, made up, and photographed. You get to look at the photos in awe and be thrilled because you did it. You will always be able to smile looking at your beautiful album and remember a special day that made you feel so empowered. There’s always someone to do a photo shoot for – she’s looking back at you in the mirror.
- “People will see my photos” I only share photos if a client gives me permission to. Many of my clients do choose to allow me to use their photos because they are proud of them, however others do not. This is up to you and we will discuss it at your preview session.
- “I’m too old for boudoir” No, you’re not! There is no age limit on sexy. Women of all ages get the same emotional boost from seeing photos of themselves that they can’t believe they actually did. Yes, the outfits might change as we age, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be amazing at every age. And believe me, if you are doing this with someone else in mind, they will love you for it too!
- “I don’t feel comfortable undressing in front of strangers” This is common and I get it. I’m pretty shy too, however it’s my job to make you feel comfortable. You’ll have a private place to change and you will only bare as much skin as you feel comfortable doing. I always start clients with their most “covered” outfit because after the first outfit, it’s much easier. By the end of a session clients almost always run around half dressed (or less) because they feel safe and they are enjoying themselves. Communication is key and I’m good at that.
- “I just can’t find the time” Well, we find the time to do anything we really want to do, don’t we. Think about it. If you really want to do this, you must have a sick day or a personal day or a vacation day coming to you. There must be someone who can take the kids for a few hours. Take the time and spend the day doing something that will create memories (and photos) to last a lifetime. When was the last time a few hours off made you feel glamorous, sexy, and empowered?
Hopefully I have helped you push the top 10 bad excuses for not doing a boudoir session aside. Are you ready to book your boudoir session so I can show you how beautiful and sexy you are? I can’t wait to meet you! Contact me so we can get started soon!